Auditions February 26, 2017
Take the first step toward an extraordinary college experience —
Students interested in the Robert McDuffie Center for Strings must also apply to and be accepted by Mercer University before they can be accepted to the Center.
Repertoire List for Audition
• Two contrasting movements of solo Bach
• A concerto movement
• An etude/caprice of your choice
To apply for an audition, mail all of the following required materials to:
Robert McDuffie Center for Strings
Townsend School of Music
1501 Mercer University Drive
Macon, Georgia 31207
1. Completed audition application form (PDF)
2. Recommendation form (PDF) with one letter of recommendation,
3. Short essay describing your goals in studying music (approximately 500 words)
4. Repertoire list.
5. Pre-screening video with one piece of applicant's choice that best demonstrates the level of playing (YouTube link or other video file preferred; email to firstname.lastname@example.org. DVD is acceptable).
COMPLETED APPLICATION AND MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN JANUARY 11, 2017.
Assignment of audition times will be determined by receipt of pre-screening DVD/materials.
Applicants who complete an audition will be notified of the Center’s acceptance decision by April 15, 2017.
© 2016 Mercer University. All rights Reserved.