Goal Setting and Time Management
College affords you a lot of flexibility, but you need to learn how to make the most of this freedom.
Advantages of Goal Setting and Time Management
When you put new time management strategies to use, you will
- Gain time
- Improve your motivation and initiative
- Develop alternatives to procrastination
- Structure review habits and improve long term retention
- Avoid long cramming sessions and sleepless nights
- Ease your anxiety and lower your stress
Keys to Goal Setting and Time Management
A first step to taking control of your time is to become aware of your personal goals and priorities so that you can design a schedule that fits you. Getting to know yourself involves learning how to check back in with yourself in order to regulate your performance and to tweak your plans according to your evolving goals.
The following resources will help you manage your time more effectively:
The following are external resources that will open in a new window:
- Print a Blank Calendar
- Assignment Calculator
- Academic Skills Center, Dartmouth College
- Strategic Guide to Appointment and Time Management
For more study skills information, please click on one of the topics below.