Anxiety and Stress Management
College can be a wonderful yet highly stressful time in the lives of students. Mounting pressures from assignment due dates and looming exams can seem overwhelming if you are unprepared to manage your stress and anxiety.
Advantages of Anxiety and Stress Management
Learning to manage anxiety and stress will allow you to focus on achieving academic success. By effectively coping with or learning to avoid anxiety and stress, you will
- Improve your physical and emotional health
- Improve your test performance
- Improve your focus in the classroom
Keys to Anxiety and Stress Management
A first step in managing anxiety and stress is to identify what situations trigger your stress or anxiety and learn to respond to those situations appropriately. Learn to manage your time effectively to avoid unnecessary time pressures and to ensure that you are fully prepared for exams. Learn the benefits of proper sleep, diet, and exercise and how each of these things can positively or negatively affect your ability to manage stress.
The following are external links that will open in a new window.
- Dealing with Test Anxiety
- Exercise Makes Your Brain Brighter at Any Age
- Foods that Increase Brain Power
- Mercer University Counseling & Psychological Services
- Mercer University Recreational Sports & Wellness
- Mercer University Fitness Center
For more study skills information, please click on one of the topics below.