Additional Study Skills Resources
Reed College, Academic Support Services - A helpful site with useful study skills resources and links to other informational websites.
University of Plymouth, Learning Development - An informative site that offers various study guides and learning skills resources.
LearnHigher Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning - A site "committed to improving student learning through providing excellent resources to support students' learning development, and through practice-led research to inform the effective use of those resources."
Guide to Online Schools, An In-Depth List of Online Study Help Resources- This site provides an extensive list of links to different study skills resources available online.
Dartmouth College, Academic Skills Center - Excellent site containing study skills resources and a helpful online writing guide.
Mercer University Resources
College Study Skills Courses - College Study Skills courses help you develop strategies for improved academic performance. Both experienced college students and new scholars will expand their academic skill set and thereby increase their ability to retain, comprehend, and demonstrate mastery of college level course material.
Academic and Advising Services - AAS coordinates a variety of programs and services, including:
- academic advising for first-year and transfer students
- advising resources for all students
- advising and resources for students who plan to apply to professional or graduate schools
- workshops and programs to aid students in exploring the various academic majors offered at Mercer
- four-week and mid-term progress reports designed to provide helpful feedback to students regarding their academic progress
- summer, August, and January orientations
- UNV 101, a course designed specifically to assist new students in transitioning to college life and to life at Mercer in particular
- UNV 201, a course created to prepare student peer advisors to serve as peer instructors
- First-Year Colloquia, a series of presentations for the first-year class focusing on diverse topics, such as Making College Count and The Many Faces of AIDS.
Pre-professional Programs - Housed in the Office of Academic and Advising Services, this Pre-professional Programs site offers resources and advice for students who intend to apply to professional and/or graduate schools after completing their studies at Mercer.
Counseling & Psychological Services - CAPS is committed to helping Mercer's campus community by providing counseling and prevention services that facilitate students' academic and life goals and enhance their personal growth and well-being. The staff at CAPS provide an open, supportive, and confidential environment for students to address the issues that are concerning them.
Jack Tarver Library - This site contains access points to Galileo and other useful databases. Information about various library services is also included along with helpful resources like style and citation guides for writing.
Disability Support Services - All newly admitted students needing accommodations are encouraged to contact the Disability Support Services Coordinator as soon as they know that they will be attending Mercer University. Please contact us if you require accommodations on math or foreign language placement tests or for orientation programs.