Exam Preparation and Performance
College courses require that you put together information obtained from separate readings and class lectures, so you can efficiently develop integrated review tools in preparation for your exams.
Advantages of Exam Preparation and Performance
When you put strong test taking strategies to use, you will
- Know when you need help understanding class material
- Feel prepared for pop quizzes
- Predict the content and style of your exams
- Create comprehensive study guides and test yourself repeatedly
- Transform nervous energy into mental sharpness
- Safeguard scores by regulating exam performance and reviewing answers
Keys to Exam Preparation and Performance
A first step to improving your exam performance is to adequately prepare for each and every exam. Developing a time management schedule that outlines what exams you need to prepare for and when the exams will be taken will help reduce your test anxiety when exam day comes. By using effective study methods and giving yourself time to prepare, you will perform better on exams. Reviewing returned exams to learn what you did incorrectly will help you avoid those same mistakes on future exams.
The following resources will help improve your exam preparation and performance:
- Preparing for Exams & Ten Traps of Studying
- Study Strategies and Test-Taking Tips for Pre-Health Students
- Conquering Essay Tests
- Examining Returned Tests
The following are external links that will open in a new window.
- Ten Tips for Better Test Taking
- Preparing for Math Exams
- Dealing with Test Anxiety
- Emergency Test Preparation - Cramming!
- Anticipating Test Content
- Organizing for Test Taking
For more study skills information, please click on one of the topics below.