Concentration and Memory
Since challenging material and comprehensive exams constitute the core of the college curriculum and performance measures, successful students must develop habits that foster concentration and purposeful memorization.
Advantages of Concentration and Memory
When you put good concentration and memory strategies to use, you will
- Optimize your productivity
- Automatically master details in order to free up the mental energy needed to address the “big picture”
- Gain traction on the “big picture” which will in turn help you retain details
Keys to Concentration and Memory
A first step to improving your concentration and memory is to find a good place to study and develop regular study habits so you can focus on your learning instead of your organization. Most learners benefit from studying in chunks, adopting an active learning style, and taking advantage of mechanical memory aids.
The following resources will help improve your concentration and memory.
Note: These are external links that will open in a new window.
- How We Remember
- Using Memory Effectively
- Memorization Tips
- How to Improve Your Memory
- Memory Exercises
- The Flashcard Machine
- Proprofs Flashcard Maker
- Homework Hub: Flash Card Maker
For more study skills information, please click on one of the topics below.